Re: Monty on MySQL 5.1: "Oops, we did it again"

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: Monty on MySQL 5.1: "Oops, we did it again"
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Dec 01, 2008 at 08:05:48PM +0000, Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz wrote:

> well, at least they have replication and partitioning built in.

That will provide excellent comfort to the users.

HaplessUser: Your replication crashed and took all of my slaves with
it, and then my primary database crashed and I had an outage!  You
cost me $BIGNUM dollars in downtime!

MySQLSupport: Well, at least replication is built in!

HaplessUser: But it's broken!  You broke my database!  I lost data!
This is buggy!  Why am I paying you?

MySQLSupport: Built in!  Built in!  Built in! LALALALA.

Yep.  Comforting, that.

Andrew Sullivan
ajs@crankycanuck.ca