Import from CSV

От Quan Zongliang
Тема Import from CSV
Дата
Re: Import from CSV  ("Dave Page" <dpage@pgadmin.org>)
Список pgadmin-hackers
Hi, all

Next, I plan to code TODO Item "- Import from CSV".
Maybe, export function is also expected by somebody.

It will take a long time, several months. Because I have to do it in
spare time. And I am unfamiliar at i18n, first attempt.

Now, there is frmExport class, it used by query tool to export data.
So, it seems better named frmImportData to distinct them, rather than
frmImport.

It should be flexible to parse more format as possible.

In future, the TODO item:
- Data Import/Export tool, for file & external database IO. Including
data transformation.
will can share some component with this.

I noticed the pgimport project (http://pgfoundry.org/projects/pgimport/)
had been registered in 2006. But did nothing.
We will make it available.

Quan Zongliang
quanzongliang@gmail.com
CIT Japan:  http://www.cit.co.jp