Re: Logging auto_explain outputs to another log file

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: Logging auto_explain outputs to another log file
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sunday 23 November 2008 15:50:09 Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> Tom Lane wrote:
> > Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim@gunduz.org> writes:
> >> Is $SUBJECT possible? If not, do you think it would be worth
> >> implementing this?
> >
> > No, and no.  The feature isn't even in core; it can hardly qualify as
> > something that should drive a massive overhaul of the elog
> > infrastructure.  Which is what this would take.
>
> Well, it might be possible to build some sort of splitting facility
> (regex based?) into the logging collector without having to change the
> rest of the logging infrastructure.
>
> But there are already good log splitting tools for some varieties of
> syslog, and like Tom I suspect using any effort in this direction on our
> part is probably not worth it.

How would you folks feel about adding a dtrace probe to look for this? I
haven't exactly worked out where/how this would be put, but it would allow
for easily tracking these via dtrace if we had one.

--
Robert Treat
Conjecture: http://www.xzilla.net