Re: Effect of stopped status collector process

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Effect of stopped status collector process
Дата
Re: Effect of stopped status collector process  ("Merlin Moncure" <mmoncure@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:

> If you are willing to run a hand-hacked version then I'd suggest doing
> your experimentation with CVS HEAD.  There are changes in place already
> to reduce the stats file traffic.

Why do we _have_ to write the file to disk?  I wonder if it would work
to store the file in a mmaped memory region and have the readers get
data from there.  We could have more than one copy, reference-counted so
that they can be removed when the old readers are gone.

Are MAP_SHARED | MAP_ANONYMOUS mmapped regions portable?  Linux claims
to support them from 2.4.

Сообщение: Re: Effect of stopped status collector process
Сообщение: Re: Effect of stopped status collector process