Re: Using Postgres to store high volume streams of sensor readings

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: Using Postgres to store high volume streams of sensor readings
Дата
Список pgsql-general
* Ciprian Dorin Craciun (ciprian.craciun@gmail.com) wrote:
> > Even better might be partitioning on the timestamp.  IF all access is
> > in a certain timestamp range it's usually a big win, especially
> > because he can move to a new table every hour / day / week or whatever
> > and merge the old one into a big "old data" table.
>
>     Yes, If i would speed the inserts tremendously... I've tested it
> and the insert speed is somewhere at 200k->100k.
>
>     But unfortunately the query speed is not good at all because most
> queries are for a specific client (and sensor) in a given time
> range...

Have you set up your partitions correctly (eg, with appropriate CHECK
constraints and with constraint_exclusion turned on)?  Also, you'd want
to keep your indexes on the individual partitions, of course..  That
should improve query time quite a bit since it should only be hitting
the partitions where the data might be.

    Stephen

Вложения