Re: Using Postgres to store high volume streams of sensor readings

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Using Postgres to store high volume streams of sensor readings
Дата
Re: Using Postgres to store high volume streams of sensor readings  ("Ciprian Dorin Craciun" <ciprian.craciun@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Ciprian Dorin Craciun escribió:

>     I've tested also Sqlite3 and it has the same behavior as
> Postgres... Meaning at beginning it goes really nice 20k inserts,
> drops to about 10k inserts, but after a few million records, the HDD
> led starts to blink non-stop, and then it drops to unde 1k....

The problem is, most likely, on updating the indexes.  Heap inserts
should always take more or less the same time, but index insertion
requires walking down the index struct for each insert, and the path to
walk gets larger the more data you have.

Postgres does not have bulk index insert, which could perhaps get you a
huge performance improvement.

Сообщение: Re: Using Postgres to store high volume streams of sensor readings
Сообщение: Re: Using Postgres to store high volume streams of sensor readings