Re: Updates of SE-PostgreSQL 8.4devel patches (r1197)

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Updates of SE-PostgreSQL 8.4devel patches (r1197)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > However, the toggle of row-level security feature should be controled
> > via a GUC option, not a discretionary option.
> > I'll add a "sepostgresql_row_level" option defined as bool to control
> > it on start up time.
>
> This sounds similar to BSD capability were certain security settings can
> only be changed in single-user mode.

Actually, an interesting idea would be to allow "sepostgresql_row_level"
to be turned on, but not off.  That means if it was turned on in
postgresql.conf, it could not be turned off, but if it is off in
postgresql.conf, it could be turned on via SET or via ALTER
USER/DATABASE;  I think that would be a nice capability.

On a related note, KaiGai, you are now starting the long road of getting
feedback with the ultimate goal of getting your patch into CVS.  I will
warn you that there is often much work during this stage, and it might
stretch into January as we request adjustments, but ultimately your
feature and Postgres will be better for it.  Thanks for sticking with
it.

http://enterprisedb.com