Re: citing postgresql

От Sam Mason
Тема Re: citing postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 09:56:51PM +0100, Tomas Lanczos wrote:
> I meant something for use in publications, like it is used for R and
> almost identically for GRASS:
>
>   R Development Core Team (2008). R: A language and environment for
>   statistical computing. R Foundation for Statistical Computing,
>   Vienna, Austria. ISBN 3-900051-07-0, URL http://www.R-project.org.

When we've had to cite it in papers before it's always just been in the
text as "PostgreSQL 8.3.4, PostgreSQL Global Development Group" (or
which ever version was used).  I've never put it into the bibliography
proper, software doesn't seem to fit there to me somehow.

Hum; just asked some other people in the group and apparently commercial
software tends to just get quoted in the text whereas more academic
related code tends to come with nice bibtex fragments and should be
used.  If bibtex bits don't exist, as in the case of PG, just do the
commercial thing and quote it in line.

Don't quote me too far and wide on it; it's only my two cents!

  Sam