Re: FreeBSD 7 needing to allocate lots of shared memory

От Bill Moran
Тема Re: FreeBSD 7 needing to allocate lots of shared memory
Дата
Re: FreeBSD 7 needing to allocate lots of shared memory  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-general

> #sysctl -a | grep shm
> kern.ipc.shm_allow_removed: 0
> kern.ipc.shm_use_phys: 1
> kern.ipc.shmall: 68719476736
> kern.ipc.shmseg: 128
> kern.ipc.shmmni: 192
> kern.ipc.shmmin: 1
> kern.ipc.shmmax: 68719476736

Try bumping shmmni:
$ sysctl -d kern.ipc.shmmni
kern.ipc.shmmni: Number of shared memory identifiers

I have this set to 1000 on most of my systems.  Can't seem to find my
notes on it right now, but that may be your holdup.  The PG docs seem
to indicate that this number can be set very low, as PG only needs a
single identifier, but I must have had _some_ reason for raising it.

--
Bill Moran
Collaborative Fusion Inc.

wmoran@collaborativefusion.com