Patch Review Complete: Multi-Batch Hash Join Improvements

От Joshua Tolley
Тема Patch Review Complete: Multi-Batch Hash Join Improvements
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Note: this email is effectively a repeat of an email sent earlier to
which there has been less response than I expected. If there's something
else I'm supposed to do at this point, someone please let me know,
because I don't know what it is :)

-----------------------------------

I've finished all I think I can do to review the multi-batch hash join
improvement patch (http://is.gd/7W8Z). It appears to work as advertised:

-- it speeds up joins by fairly significant margins in some cases
-- I've been unable to make a case where it performs worse than the
existing implementation despite deliberately pathological inputs
-- it applies cleanly
-- it doesn't break stuff, AFAICS

I don't consider myself qualified to do a proper code review. I can only
suggest the author modify it to use /* ... */ style comments rather than
//... comments.

If there's more I should do, someone please let me know. Otherwise, I
leave it in the capable hands of the InterWebs.

- Josh / eggyknap