Re: auto_explain contrib moudle

От ITAGAKI Takahiro
Тема Re: auto_explain contrib moudle
Дата
Re: auto_explain contrib moudle  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Ok, I'm looking at the direction of ExecutorStart/End hooks...

Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> This would likely require adding a struct Instrumentation * field to
> QueryDesc in which to track the total ExecutorRun timing

I think instr_time is enough here,
but why do you think Instrumentation is needed?

There might be another approach to have a stopwatch stack in
the contrib module instead of the core. I think it is cleaner
because it works even if multiple modules use the stopwatch
at the same time. Am I missing something?

Regards,
---
ITAGAKI Takahiro
NTT Open Source Software Center