Re: Enc: Help to replace caracter

От Raj Mathur
Тема Re: Enc: Help to replace caracter
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Friday 14 Nov 2008, paulo matadr wrote:
> I Need to replace string (" ) in the situation below :
>
> select  clie_nmcliente    from cadastro.cliente where clie_nmcliente
> like '%"%';
>
> result:
> JOANA D"ARCALMEIDA"
> EMLURB "P M R."
> CECILIA D"CAGNO"
> HELENA FERREIRA D"FREITAS"
> JOSE M. "BARRACA DO BOLA"
> FORTE" DUNAS BAR"
> JOANA D"ARC R. DE SOUZA
> ASSEMBLEIA DE DEUS"
> USINA SALGADO"SUPRIMENTO
> JOSE MOURA  'BIGODE"
> BEATRIZ MEDEIROS D"EMERY
>
> Any help me to create pgPL/sql or funcion  to replace ( " )  to null
> value, I have many table with this. Thanks for help

For a single field, you can use something like this to achieve your
objective (this will delete all " characters in the field):

update cadastro.cliente set clie_nmcliente = regexp_replace(clie_nmcliente, '"', '', 'g') where clie_nmcliente like
'%"%'; -- delete all ": not tested!

You could replace the '' with some other string to replace all " with
that string.

It may be quicker to edit an ASCII dump of the database and reload it if
you want to do the same replacement in multiple fields in multiple
tables.

Regards,

-- Raju
--