Re: How to design a "customer" TABLE which hold credit card infos and other payments?

От Michelle Konzack
Тема Re: How to design a "customer" TABLE which hold credit card infos and other payments?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Am 2008-11-07 07:48:25, schrieb Scott Marlowe:
> On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 2:43 PM, Michelle Konzack
> <linux4michelle@tamay-dogan.net> wrote:
> > *       Do not Cc: me, because I READ THIS LIST, if I write here       *
> > *    Keine Cc: am mich, ich LESE DIESE LISTE wenn ich hier schreibe    *
>
> Sorry, it's how this list works.  If you don't want that, there are
> some options for majordomo you can set to alleviate the issue.  I'm
> not changing how I reply to the list just for you.

Again<seufz> look in the header of my message and  you  see,  my  access
provider is the german GSM provider O2 and my resources are limited.

I have the list set to "nomail" and it works fine, but  peoples  do  not
stop CCing/Bombing me an on all messages...

I READ THIS LIST and several dozen others too otherwise I would not able
to read this list!

> If you are storing credit card data then you must follow the PCI
> standards for doing so.  Look them up on the web and get a copy.
> Failure to follow their security guidelines will result in you not
> being allowed to process or handle credit cards.

OK, if I look into
    <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PCI_DSS>

I fullfill this requirements since over 9 years since I was working many
years for the french Ministry of Defense...  :-/

> That said, the best way to store them is to not store them.  If you
> still have to, then use some kind of encryption using the user's
> password as part of the key, and don't store the user's password, only
> an md5 of it.  Also, store the password on one machine, encrypted, do
> the encryption decryption on another machine.

My idea is to use a second "computer" to store the  CC  data...  like  a
small Freescale i.MX31 (has  a  ATA-6  interface  for  HDD  and  support
cryption)

However, I do not realy know, HOW to design the database to hold data of
different Credit Cards...

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening
    Michelle Konzack
    Systemadministrator
    24V Electronic Engineer
    Tamay Dogan Network
    Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

+49/177/9351947    50, rue de Soultz         MSN LinuxMichi
+33/6/61925193     67100 Strasbourg/France   IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com)

Вложения