Re: Final /contrib cleanup -- yes/no?

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Final /contrib cleanup -- yes/no?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus wrote:
> Tom,
>
> > I don't recall that having been proposed, and I don't think it's really
> > a good idea.  We intentionally put those SETs in, not that long ago.
>
> I haven't been able to find any reasoning on any list why those SETs
> where a good idea.  Bruce put them in, but apparently without
> discussion.  Unless you have a link for something I can't find in search?

The SET search_path was added to create a consistent install experience
for all the /contrib modules.  We did kind of talked about it in
relation to the file label:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2007-11/msg00560.php

I can't find any specific mention of it but some files had it and some
didn't so I added it to all of them.

http://enterprisedb.com