Re: Final /contrib cleanup -- yes/no?

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: Final /contrib cleanup -- yes/no?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thursday 06 November 2008 17:35:58 Josh Berkus wrote:
> Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> >>
> >> Right, that's the intended and documented way to do it.
> >
> > I believe the intention is a bad one. They should be installed per the
> > settings of the user installing them. Whether that be through an ALTER
> > ROLE/USER or PGOPTIONS.
>
> Eh, Tom has a point.  If we build module loading for 8.5, we shouldn't
> change the functionality in the interim for 8.4.  Annoying as it is.

Also be aware that some of those modules really do require being in the public
schema (which I have learned the hard way). It's probably possible to make
them work in different schemas, but just changing the install schema will
break them right now (i think intarray is an example of one)

--
Robert Treat
Conjecture: http://www.xzilla.net