Re: Occasional Slow Commit

От Peter Schuller
Тема Re: Occasional Slow Commit
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
> I also found that my write cache was set to WriteThrough instead of
> WriteBack, defeating the purpose of having a BBU and that my secondary
> server apparently doesn't have a BBU on it. :-(

Note also that several RAID controllers will periodically drop the
write-back mode during battery capacity tests. If you care about
consistently/deterministically having full performance (with
white-backed battery protected caching), you probably want to confirm
your controller behavior here.

(I've seen this on at least LSI based controllers in Dell 2950:s, and
also on some 3wares.)

--
/ Peter Schuller

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <peter.schuller@infidyne.com>'