Re: pg_casts view (was Re: date_trun() with timezones? (was Re: TIME column ...))

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: pg_casts view (was Re: date_trun() with timezones? (was Re: TIME column ...))
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tom Lane escribió:
> > Tom Lane escribi�:
> >> regression=# select casttarget::regtype,castcontext,castfunc::regprocedure from pg_cast where castsource =
'time'::regtype;

> > BTW it very much looks like we should have a pg_casts view that displays
> > these things in a human-readable manner (like the above except with
> > castcontext expanded)
>
> There already is a \dC command in psql, which has nice enough output
> format but doesn't provide any way to select a subset of the table.
> Maybe we should just agree that its argument is a pattern for the
> castsource type's name?

Yeah, that sounds good enough ... I seem to recall having used
casttarget as condition a couple of times, but I think it's a strange
enough case that it is OK to just modify the query when that's needed;
normal usage would seem to be what you propose.