Re: pre-MED

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: pre-MED
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
David Fetter wrote:

> I understand that a full implementation of SQL/MED will involve just
> about every part of PostgreSQL, but we've got a case of "le mieux est
> l'enemi du bien" with this contrived example, which I included so
> people could be fully informed when using this very helpful new
> feature.  Left out are the very large benefits that, for example,
> dblink gets for free.

That's all fine and dandy, as long as the deparser is able to notice
when it's going to emit an invalid qualification, and spits out NULL
instead (does your code handle that case?).  If it cannot, then we would
cause a serious regression -- dblink fails to work just because the
query happens to use a construct that does not lend itself to proper
deparsing.