Re: Multi CPU Queries - Feedback and/or suggestions wanted!

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Multi CPU Queries - Feedback and/or suggestions wanted!
Дата
Re: Multi CPU Queries - Feedback and/or suggestions wanted!  (Greg Stark <greg.stark@enterprisedb.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Jonah H. Harris wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 7:59 AM, Hannu Krosing <hannu@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> > On Fri, 2008-10-24 at 00:52 -0400, Jonah H. Harris wrote:
> >> While we could build an
> >> abstract prefetch interface and simply use fadvise for it now (rather
> >> than OS-specific code), I don't see an easy win in any case.
> >
> > When building an abstract interface, always use at least two
> > implementations (I guess that would be fadvise on linux and AIO on
> > solaris in this case). You are much more likely to get the interface
> > right this way.
>
> I agree, I just wasn't sure as to whether Greg's patch supported both methods.

It does not, and probably will not for the near future;  we can only
hope Solaris suports posix_fadvise() at some point.

http://enterprisedb.com