Re: psql Feature request \set query

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: psql Feature request \set query
Дата
Re: psql Feature request \set query  (Gregory Stark <stark@enterprisedb.com>)
Re: psql Feature request \set query  (Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus wrote:
> Hackers,
>
> Just had a feature request from Wheeler, and I don't see why it shouldn't
> go on our todo list.

I think you're asking for more scriptability in psql.  Personally I
think that would be a great idea, but we need a lot more than what's
being proposed here.  We'll also need loops, conditionals, etc.  We've
had patches for those submitted over the years, but one at a time they
are easily rejected because they're so obviously incomplete.