Re: Bitmap Indexes: request for feedback

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Bitmap Indexes: request for feedback
Дата
Re: Bitmap Indexes: request for feedback  (Simon Riggs <simon@2ndQuadrant.com>)
Re: Bitmap Indexes: request for feedback  (Mark Kirkwood <markir@paradise.net.nz>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Gianni,

> me and Gabriele Bartolini have been working on Bitmap Indexes (BMI) in
> the last weeks, with advice and guidance from Simon Riggs. We feel
> that we are about to approach the point where it is appropriate to ask
> for feedback from this list.

The other major issue with the Bitmap index patch as it stood in 2007 was
that performance just wasn't that much faster than a btree, except for
specific corner cases.  Otherwise, someone else would have been interested
enough to pick it up and finish it.

So performance testing of the patch is absolutely essential.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL
San Francisco

Сообщение: Re: So what's an "empty" array anyway?
Сообщение: Re: So what's an "empty" array anyway?