Re: Is autovacuum too noisy about orphan temp tables?

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Is autovacuum too noisy about orphan temp tables?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Greg Stark escribió:
> Can autovacuum just set a flag on the orphaned temp table's pg_class
> record indicating it's been determined to be an orphan? Then other tools
> could easily list orphaned tables and offer to delete them.

Add a new column to pg_class just for orphan tables?  Sure sounds
overkill.

Maybe a bit in the pgstats entry for the table ...?  It still seems like
useless bloat to me.

I wonder if we can find out whether a temp table is orphaned by some
other means (a query against catalogs + list of active backends?  It
still needs to know whether the table was created by this backend or a
previous one.)