Re: autovacuum and reloptions

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: autovacuum and reloptions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Euler Taveira de Oliveira wrote:
> Alvaro Herrera escreveu:
>
> > Maybe we could add a "category" bitmask for which each option would be
> > valid.
> >
> The category tests are fine, that's why I introduced relopt_gen.kind but
> I'm not using it yet.

Ah, right, I hadn't noticed the kind stuff, maybe because it's unused
;-)

> I'll try to refactor it to use bitmask (some options could be used to
> both -- fillfactor) and to add it in the validation code.

Right, that's why I suggested using a bitmask.

Okay, so I'll let you deal with this for a while yet.  A minor
suggestion: label the enum members distinctively, i.e. instead of
RO_BOOL perhaps use RELOPT_TYPE_BOOL, and RO_HEAP should be
RELOPT_KIND_HEAP (note this cannot be a plain enum, each category needs
a separate bit).