Re: Is autovacuum too noisy about orphan temp tables?

От ITAGAKI Takahiro
Тема Re: Is autovacuum too noisy about orphan temp tables?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> Heikki Linnakangas <heikki.linnakangas@enterprisedb.com> writes:
> > LOG:  autovacuum: found orphan temp table "pg_temp_2"."foo" in database
> > "postgres"
>
> What else would you do?  I can't see adding state to remember when we
> printed it last.

Why can't we drop orphan temp tables automatically?

> > Also, it doesn't give me any hint
> > on what I can do to get rid of the message; I had to search the archives
> > to find out that I can "DROP SCHEMA pg_temp_2".
>
> We could surely add an errhint() to the message.

Standard DBAs are blind to LOG level messages. If the message is important,
we should use WARNING level. Monitoring middleware notifies DBAs of
WARNING or higher messages, but discards LOG or lower messages.

Regards,
---
ITAGAKI Takahiro
NTT Open Source Software Center