Re: The Axe list

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: The Axe list
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Monday 13 October 2008 04:53:44 Markus Wanner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Josh Berkus wrote:
> > So it sounds like intagg is still in use/development.  But ... is it
> > more of an example, or is it useful as a type/function in production?
>
> We use it in production for quite remarkable speedups of operations on
> int4[].

+1, istr we are indexing icount values on one system, but certainly this is
something being actively used.

> Having reviewed the last commit fest's intagg patch as well, I thought
> we agreed that a more general functionality is wanted for core. But as
> long as we don't have that, I'd like intagg to stay in contrib.

While I agree that the "right" solution would be to make this code work more
generally for other aggregates, I also think that until someone is willing to
do that work, this needs to stay in contrib, and that we ought to accept
patches improving it.

--
Robert Treat