Re: [WIP] plpgsql is not translate-aware

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: [WIP] plpgsql is not translate-aware
Дата
Re: [WIP] plpgsql is not translate-aware  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

> It seems like something like that could work.  I'd be inclined to change
> the ereport() macro itself, not errmsg/errdetail/etc.  The domain name
> could be passed in at ereport and then used when evaluating the
> messages.

This seems to work fine.  Modules would provide their message domain by
overriding the ereport() definition to pass a different domain to
ereport_domain(), like the attached plpgsql_i18n.h.

Now, the obvious big problem I have with this patch is that I have to
pass plpgsql's locale path to bindtextdomain(), but I'm not seeing any
decent way to do that ... ideas?

Note that I didn't bother changing the elog() macros to provide a
message domain ... I'm sure that can be fixed but it's very low
priority, given that most of the time those messages do not get
translated.

Вложения