Re: pg_dump | pg_sql: insert commands and foreign key constraints

От Alan Hodgson
Тема Re: pg_dump | pg_sql: insert commands and foreign key constraints
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tuesday 23 September 2008, William Garrison <postgres@mobydisk.com>
wrote:
> 1) other workarounds
> 2) someone else who can confirm that this bug is either fixed, or not
> fixed.  If it is supposedly fixed, then I guess I need to make a smaller
> version of my database to demonstrate the problem.

AFAIK, the dumps created by pg_dump create all the constraints after the
table data is all loaded - there are no foreign keys in place when the data
is restored, so conflicts are not possible.

You might need to elaborate on how you're restoring this database.

--
Alan