Re: select from two tables

От Andreas Kretschmer
Тема Re: select from two tables
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Claus Guttesen <kometen@gmail.com> schrieb:

> Hi.
>
> I have two tables, images and duplicates. The images-table is our
> current table and has approx. 90 mill. entries. I want to weed out
> duplicate file-entries (based on the md5-checksum of the file and
> user-id) and update the file name with the first entry found, if any.
>
> The images-table is:
>
> id serial primary key,
> userid int,
> filename text,
> hashcode text,
> and some additional fields like upload-time, exif-date etc.
>
> Duplicates:
> id serial primary key,
> userid int,
> filename text,
> hashcode text,
> ref_count int
>
> What I'd like to do is to perform a single query where I select from
> both tables and then test whether the file is all-ready in duplicates:

I'm not sure if i understand you correctly, but maybe this is what you
want. First, my tables:

test=# select * from images;userid | filename | ref_count
--------+----------+-----------     1 | foo      |     2 | bar      |     3 | foobar   |
(3 Zeilen)

Zeit: 0,153 ms
test=*# select * from duplicates ;userid | filename
--------+----------     2 | bar     3 | foobar     3 | foobar
(3 Zeilen)

Okay, now i update images and set the corrent ref_count:

test=*# update images  set ref_count = count from (   select i.userid, i.filename, count(d.filename) from images i
leftouter join duplicates d        using(userid,filename)      group by 1,2 ) foo  where    images.userid=foo.userid
and   images.filename=foo.filename;

UPDATE 3
Zeit: 0,621 ms
test=*# select * from images;userid | filename | ref_count
(3 Zeilen)

HTH, Andreas

Andreas