Re: BUG #4412: Check constraints cannot be added to the table for fields that are mixed case

От Stephan Szabo
Тема Re: BUG #4412: Check constraints cannot be added to the table for fields that are mixed case
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Tue, 9 Sep 2008, Kevin wrote:

> Bug reference:      4412
> Logged by:          Kevin
> Email address:      kevin@rtvision.com
> PostgreSQL version: 8.0.15
> Operating system:   Gentoo Linux
> fields that are mixed case
> Details:
>
> Check constraints cannot be added to the table for fields that are mixed
> case.
>
> Example - field employeeName in table Employees
> ---------
> ALTER TABLE "Employees" ADD CONSTRAINT "employeeNameTest" CHECK
> (employeeName != 'Kevin')

I don't have 8.0 around to test, but I think that should be
("employeeName" != 'Kevin'). If you created the table with mixed-case
columns in double quotes or used a tool which double quoted them for you,
then you must double quote the column name when it's referenced, otherwise
the names are case-folded.