Re: request for sponsors page

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: request for sponsors page
Дата
Re: request for sponsors page  (David Fetter <david@fetter.org>)
Список pgsql-www
Dave,

> > Really? I can't think of many people who would care that much - and
> > even if they did, simply listing names and amounts for small donors
> > would be similarly trivial to do.

A few people care, and why not get those people's donations as well?  Screen
real estate is cheap, except on the home page.  And it makes people feel good
about donating, even when it doesn't increase giving.

All I'm talking about is having a list of donors within a few broad
categories.

> I think Josh is using his overly pessimistic view here. We are an
> software project not a global corporation selling something.

Huh?  What does that have to do with anything?

Donor listings are a proven way to improve donor relations throughout
non-profits worldwide.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL