Re: WITH RECURSIVE patches 0818

От David Fetter
Тема Re: WITH RECURSIVE patches 0818
Дата
Re: WITH RECURSIVE patches 0818  (Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@postgresql.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 04:38:52PM +0900, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here is the latest WITH RECURSIVE patches against CVS HEAD. Besides
> syncing to CVS HEAD, followings are main differences from previous
> one:

Thanks for the new patch :)

I think I may have found another bug:

WITH RECURSIVE t(i,j) AS (
    VALUES (1,2)
UNION ALL
    SELECT t2.i, t.j
    FROM (
        SELECT 2 AS i
    UNION ALL               /* Wrongly getting detected, I think */
        SELECT 3 AS i
    ) AS t2
    JOIN
        ON (t2.i = t.i)
)
SELECT * FROM t;
ERROR:  attribute number 2 exceeds number of columns 1

Is there some way to ensure that in the case of WITH RECURSIVE, the
query to the right of UNION ALL follows only the SQL:2008 rules about
not having outer JOINs, etc. in it, but otherwise make it opaque to
the error-checking code?

I know I didn't explain that well, but the above SQL should work and
the error appears to stem from the parser's looking at the innermost
UNION ALL instead of the outermost.

Cheers,
David.

Remember to vote!