Re: ALTER TABLE name RENAME TO new_name; does not workimmediately

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: ALTER TABLE name RENAME TO new_name; does not workimmediately
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Gregory Stark escribió:

> Either a) we're not actually issuing a CommandCounterIncrement() or b) the
> command is not being properly marked as non-read-only when the update happens
> or, uh, c) something else is broken with generating or executing those
> invalidation messages.

Well, the CommandCounterIncrement call is either in postgres.c line
1032, or in the finish_xact_command call in line 1024 (may I suggest a
breakpoint in CCI while reproducing the bug?).  I'm not sure I
understand your (b) argument (if we failed to produce a sinval message
for this then the bug would have been detected eons ago), so I think the
most likely explanation is (c) :-)

> > I could not reproduce it here, but didn't try very hard.
>
> Did you try running the script he provided? It happened for me first try.

Yep.  No luck.  I didn't try changing the args in generate_series though.

How many CPUs are you running this on?  My system has 2.

Сообщение: Re: ALTER TABLE name RENAME TO new_name; does not workimmediately
Сообщение: Re: ALTER TABLE name RENAME TO new_name; does notworkimmediately