BUG #4343: upper, lower, initcap do not work with umlaute? (important!)

От paull
Тема BUG #4343: upper, lower, initcap do not work with umlaute? (important!)
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      4343
Logged by:          paull
Email address:      kaeptn.haddock@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 8.2? not sure
Operating system:   ubuntu
(important!)
Details:

Hello

Sorry; I forgot to mention, that the Database is encoded in SQLASCII, so I
suspect, that this is the source of the problem. Probably noone can fix it
then.
Sorry for creating unnecessary reports.

Best regards

---------------------------------------

I suspect this is no news, but then again, maybe noone ever bothered to
report?

I suspect that pgsql functions upper, lower and initcap do not support
umlaute. If I query in phppgadmin like this:

select
initcap('xxx'),upper('xxx'),initcap('öÖöÖäÄäÄä'),upper('öÖöÖäÃ
„äÄä')

the result is this:
Xxx    XXX    öÖöÖäÄäÄä    öÖöÖäÄäÄä

Hope this helps you