why handling of input arrays in plperl is unusable?

От hubert depesz lubaczewski
Тема why handling of input arrays in plperl is unusable?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I tried to write a variadic function with pl/perl, but apparently arrays
are passed to pl/perl in their textout format.
Parsing it in pl/perl is possible but *very* cumbersome. Is there any
plan to add some sanity to passing arrays to plperl function?
I can already return [1,2,3], so maybe such transition on input wouldn't
be impossible?

Best regards,

depesz

--