Re: .psqlrc output for \pset commands

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: .psqlrc output for \pset commands
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Am Thursday, 17. July 2008 schrieb Bruce Momjian:

> > Anyways the thing that struck me as odd was the messages appearing
> > *before* the header. It seems to me the header should print followed by
> > .psqlrc output followed by normal output.
>
> Do you like this better?
>
>     $ psql test
>     psql (8.4devel)
>     Type "help" for help.
>     Output format is wrapped.
>
>     test=>
>
> The attached patch accomplishes this.

The psqlrc file must be read before the welcome message is printed, so that
you can disable the welcome message in the psqlrc file.  Otherwise we are
reopening the whole issue of when and whether to print a welcome message that
we had just settled.

Сообщение: Re: Getting to universal binaries for Darwin
Сообщение: Re: Getting to universal binaries for Darwin