Re: Reducing memory usage of insert into select operations?

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: Reducing memory usage of insert into select operations?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 10:40:02AM -0400, Francisco Reyes wrote:
> Found that yesterday (vm.overcommit_memory=2).
> Agree that this is better than OOM. I still ran out of memory last night
> and postgres just failed on the malloc(), which as you mentioned is better.
>
> Reduced work_mem to 8MB and trying again.

Perhaps you can try reducing the shared_buffers, to see if that helps
more? 8MB is quite small for workmem. More shared_buffers is not
necessarily better.

Also, how much swap are you running? overcommit disabled while not
having any swap setup is a great way to ensure you run out of memory
quickly.

Have a nice day,

Вложения