Re: Unicode database on non-unicode operating system

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Unicode database on non-unicode operating system
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Am Dienstag, 15. Juli 2008 schrieb Morten Barklund:
> My problem is, that the lowercase versions of non-ascii characters are
> broken. Specifically I found, that when lower() is invoked on a text with
> non-ascii characters, the operating system's locale is used for converting
> each octet in the string to lowercase in stead of using the locale of the
> database to convert each character in the string to lowercase. This caused
> the danish lower case o with slash "ø", which in unicode is represented as
> the latin1-readable octets "ø", to be converted to the latin1-readable
> octets "ã¸", which then in turn was (tried) to be interpreted as a unicode
> character - but the octects "ã¸" does not represent a unicode character in
> utf8. The lower case version of "ø" is of course just itself.

This means you have mismatching server encodings and locales configured.
Check SHOW lc_collate and SHOW server_encoding, and then pick a combination
that is compatible.  This will probably mean you have to reinitdb.

Сообщение: Re: Referential integrity vulnerability in 8.3.3
Сообщение: Re: Referential integrity vulnerability in 8.3.3