Re: i can't connect after some periode

От A. Kretschmer
Тема Re: i can't connect after some periode
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
am  Thu, dem 10.07.2008, um 13:57:15 +0700 mailte aldy folgendes:
> hi all,

First, don't hijack other threads, your mail contains a
References-header:

But this message contains to an other thread. In other words: don't
answer to an email by deleting the body and create a new subject, create
a new mail instead.

> i have some problems with my postgresql database server :
> i develop some client-server program using postgre as its database (used by
> almost 100 client), my problem comes after some periode of time( some times
> 1 day) i can't connect to the database include from pgadmin, and i must
> restart the server and everything back to normal ( im using Win XP as its
> OS and postgre 8.2)
> is there any suggetions for me, please??

Maybe the clients do not close the connection and after some time you
have more than 'max_connections' (Default 100).

You can increase this value in your postgresql.conf.

You can also check, how many active connections are open with 'select *
from pg_stat_activity'.

Hope that helps, Andreas
--
Andreas Kretschmer