Re: syslog performance when logging big statements

От achill@matrix
Тема Re: syslog performance when logging big statements
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
>In FreeBSD 7.0 by default it does not fsync (except for kernel messages),
>unless the path is prefixed by "-" whereas it syncs.
Sorry, scrap the above sentence.
The correct is to say that FreeBSD 7.0 by default it does not fsync(2) (except
for kernel messages), and even in this case of kernel messages, syncing
can be bypassed by the use of "-" prefix.
So in our case of postgresql (local0 facility) it does not sync.

Сообщение: Re: syslog performance when logging big statements
Сообщение: Re: syslog performance when logging big statements