Re: roll back to 8.1 for PyQt driver work-around

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: roll back to 8.1 for PyQt driver work-around
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Scott Frankel wrote:

> Is there an example postgresql.conf file for pg 8.1 I can review?  Mine
> appears to be valid only for pg8.3.

Sure, it comes with the distribution as postgresql.conf.sample and is
installed by initdb.

> Adding quotes to the shared_buffers value allows pg8.3 to start
> successfully.  Unfortunately, pg8.1 continues to have issues with it.
> eg:
>

> FATAL:  syntax error in file "/Library/PostgreSQL8/data/postgresql.conf"
> line 107, near token "kB"

Naming the directory as PostgreSQL8 is not a very good idea -- perhaps
using "PostgreSQL81" to distinguish it from PostgreSQL83 would be
better.  This is only cosmetic but it gets the point across that the two
are not compatible on-disk, as Tom already said.  (In general you cannot
share the config file either.)