Re: FTS question

От hubert depesz lubaczewski
Тема Re: FTS question
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Jul 01, 2008 at 01:14:12AM -0700, Damjan Rems wrote:
> Id would like to get aproximatly this.
> WHERE name LIKE 'somes%'
> But how do I construct FTS query for this?

for this - you dont need ftps. you just need proper index.

there will be prefix searches in full text indexes in postgresql 8.4:
http://www.depesz.com/index.php/2008/05/17/waiting-for-84-partial-match-support-in-gin-and-sequence-restart/

in the mean time you might want to check:
http://www.depesz.com/index.php/2007/09/15/speeding-up-like-xxx/

but if you really always have things like "name like 'somes%' - ie.
column like 'prefix-search%'; then all you need is simple btree index on
name column.

Best regards,

depesz