Re: Overhauling GUCS

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Overhauling GUCS
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce,

> I am concerned that each wizzard is going to have to duplicate the same
> logic each time, and adjust to release-based changes.

I think that's a feature, not a bug.  Right now, I'm not at all convinced that
my algorithms for setting the various major dials are great (I just think
that nobody yet has better).  So I think we should *encourage* people to
write their own wizards until we find one that works reasonably well.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun