Re: Proposal: pulling newsbytes from www.pgfoundry.org

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Proposal: pulling newsbytes from www.pgfoundry.org
Дата
Re: Proposal: pulling newsbytes from www.pgfoundry.org  (Robert Treat <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net>)
Список pgsql-www
Guys,

> Special attention should be limited specifically to community. That is
> how you are going to drive a larger community, by reinforcing the
> community itself. Not by becoming advertising space.

Can we *please* get back on topic here?  Absolutely none of this is relevant
to a pgfoundry feed.

First, I wasn't proposing merging pgfoundry news with *events* (which only has
3 slots) but with *news* (which has 6).  Right now, 3 of those slots are
taken up by commercial products; don't you think it's fair that pgFoundry
projects should bump them?  If we have a problem with core release
announcements scrolling off too fast, isn't that a *code* problem for the WWW
team to solve?

The pgfoundry team can easily regulate the volume of pgfoundry traffic that
gets passed on.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun