BUG #4219: fseeko test failure in configure script

От Nathan Reed
Тема BUG #4219: fseeko test failure in configure script
Дата
Re: BUG #4219: fseeko test failure in configure script
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      4219
Logged by:          Nathan Reed
Email address:      nreed@uci.edu
PostgreSQL version: 8.3.1
Operating system:   Sparc Solaris 10 - 08/07 release
Details:

It does not matter what parameters I do or do not provide on the configure
step, I get the same failure every time:
checking for fseeko... (cached) yes
checking test program... failed
configure: error:
Could not execute a simple test program.  This may be a problem related to
locating shared libraries.  Check the file 'config.log' for the exact
reason.

I have even attempted to re-order the configure.in file to no avail.  I
wanted a version with ssl support (sunfreeware.com does not provide a built
version with the ssl support), but this jacked up problem with fseeko is
pushing me to use MySQL because I have been successful in configuring,
making, and installing a version with ssl support.  Encryption is critical
in my environment.