Re: [PERFORM] Memory question on win32 systems

От Sam Mason
Тема Re: [PERFORM] Memory question on win32 systems
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 01:05:22AM +0200, Sabbiolina wrote:
> I have 4 Gigs of RAM, how do I force Postgres to use a higher part of such
> memory in order to cache more indexes, queries and so on?

PG relies on the operating system to cache most disk accesses.  Looking
at the amount of memory a process directly uses isn't a good measure of
this, a better method would be to watch what the IO subsystem is doing.
If you've got lots of reads happening then the disk isn't being cached.

 Sam