Re: XML Support related questions

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: XML Support related questions
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Am Donnerstag, 22. Mai 2008 schrieb Brijesh Shrivastav:
> 1)      Can xml column be constrained to be DOCUMENT or CONTENT type?

Using a check constraint that does IS [NOT] DOCUMENT on the value.

> 2)      Is there plan in near future to support XML schema validation
> i.e to ensure inserted xml document conforms to a preregistered set of
> XML schemas.

Plans yes, but I don't think anyone is working on it at the moment.

> 3)      Support for XQuery - I know it is asking for too much but when
> do you see it happening in the future.

See #2.

> 4)      Support for xml indexes - Is it something that is being worked
> upon for next release?

See #3. ;-)  Of course this question is a bit underspecified, because indexes
depend on some operators, and XML does not have any operators at the moment,
so what do you want to index?