Re: which ext3 fs type should I use for postgresql

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: which ext3 fs type should I use for postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Fri, 16 May 2008 11:07:17 -0600
"Scott Marlowe" <scott.marlowe@gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry, but that's like saying that open heart surgery isn't a fix for
> clogged arteries because you should have been taking aspirin everyday
> and exercising.  It might not be the best answer, but sometimes it's
> the only answer you've got.
>
> I know that being able to drop the margin from x% to 0% for 10 minutes
> has pulled more than one db back from the brink for me (usually
> consulting on other people's databases, only once or so on my own) :)

My point is, if you are adjusting that parameter you probably have a
stray log or a bunch of rpms etc... that can be truncated to get
you where you need to be.

Of course there is always the last ditch effort of what you suggest but
first you should look for the more obvious possible solution.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

Вложения