Re: Patch to change psql default banner v6

От David Fetter
Тема Re: Patch to change psql default banner v6
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 12:09:25PM -0400, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>
> > Welcome to UI development. There is always *far* more argument of minor
> > matters of appearance than over anything else, in my experience.
>
> Which is a good thing (in this case at least), because otherwise we
> would end up with a crappy UI just because a single person thinks it's
> "good enough".

I hate to bike-shed this even further, but I'd like to make those
"incompatibility" messages just go away by making 8.4's psql (and all
those going forward) support every living version of Postgres at the
time of their release, so 8.4's psql would be able to talk seamlessly
to Postgres 7.4 :)

Cheers,
David (well, not really bike-shedding, but trying to propose a feature
that reduces the amount of UI clutter)

Remember to vote!