Re: Ubuntu question

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: Ubuntu question
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, May 08, 2008 at 01:52:17AM -0500, Q Master wrote:
> I had postgresql 7.4 on ubuntu and over one year ago I moved to 8.2
> Till now I was backing up my db via pgadmin remotely from windows but
> now I want to do it from the ubuntu server.

I suggest looking at the README.Debian for postgres, it contains much
important information you need to understand how multiple concurrently
installed versions work.

> When I run the command pgdump it said that the database is 8.2 but the
> tool is 7.4 - my question is, where in the world is the pgdump for 8.2 -
> I can't find it.
>
> pg_dump, pg_dumpall are all in /usr/bin but where are the 8.2 ones ?

First, check what you have installed with pg_lsclusters (this will give
you the port number). Normally you can specify the cluster directly to
pg_dump but if you want the actual binary go to:

/usr/lib/postgresql/<version>/bin/pg_dump.

Have a nice day,

Вложения