Re: order of entries in admin docs

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: order of entries in admin docs
Дата
Re: order of entries in admin docs
Список pgsql-docs
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> There isn't much additional text except a description of each item.

That's the way it should be: Each parameter explains what it does.  There can
be more extensive documentation about how they all fit together elsewhere.

What I would like to see is getting rid of the sections the parameters are
grouped in and put them all in alphabetical order.  I find the current
arrangement completely unusable; nine times out of ten I cannot find the
right section.  The topical grouping of the options would be the job of the
more extensive documentation elsewhere I mentioned above.

I think Postfix has arranged this nicely:
http://www.postfix.org/documentation.html -- You have various sections
explaining how to configure for various jobs, and one big list of all
parameters explained.

Сообщение: Re: order of entries in admin docs
Сообщение: Re: order of entries in admin docs